The right garage door adds value to your home.
Your garage door is one of the most important parts of your home’s exterior. It shows off your personality, allows you to give your home style and flair, and it is highly functional. Don't make your garage door an afterthought. Instead, make it an extension of your home that gives a good first impression. The right door will increase curb appeal, improve security and add value.
Let the professionals at ProTec help you choose and purchase the perfect door for installation, or have us repair your existing door. Either way, we want to work with you.
We are locally owned.
Owned and operated in Mooresville, ProTec has served residents in the area for more than a decade. We know the area better than our competition and know what it takes to serve you. Because we live in the neighborhoods we work in, you can be assured the best possible service, every step of the way.
You deserve the best.
Our goal is to be the go-to company Mooresville residents call when they have a problem. We accomplish that aim by delivering doors with the highest performance and the highest integrity. Here are some examples of how we go the extra mile.
- When ProTec services a garage, we stand behind the work we do. This is why we use only the best products that come with outstanding warranties. We take the time to do every job perfectly, so you can be assured your door will work perfectly now and for years to come. It's our way of making sure you're taken care of.
- Our technicians go through in-depth and extensive training before we certify them. We ensure that each one of our service providers is the most experienced and knowledgeable available. These specialists work directly for us and are locally based. Moreover, our staff members are well-uniformed and come in a fully stocked vehicle, so they can complete the repair project or installation job promptly.
If you need help right away, we are available for emergency garage door repairs 24 hours a day, seven days a week, even on holidays, with no extra charges.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why won't my garage door close all the way?
Sometimes, a simple obstruction blocks the path of the door. It's a good idea to check the system for debris or other objects that may be snagging in the tracks. If a sensor is misaligned, that can trigger a system failure.
Should I fix my garage door myself?
Give a system a quick pass. Something could be blocking a sensor, etc. However, don't start taking apart your system, we advise against doing this for these reasons.
- People have been known to get hurt trying to move garage doors without professional help. If a door is not moving, it can be unsafe for those nearby.
- Garage door springs are strong devices, but they are tricky to fix without the knowledge and right tools. All of our repairs are trusted to certified technicians.
- A garage door could be the largest moving piece of a house. If a door is poorly maintained, it can create other structural issues.
How does a garage door opener work?
Garage door openers use a combination of force from a motor, springs, and cables. Rollers guide doors along a track when the garage is in motion. Motors assist in regulating how high and low the door should be. Springs and cables are what suspend the door in the air.
Is it easy to find parts for my garage door?
Like many other appliances, garage doors and their accessories are expected to last decades. That can be a long time, especially for anything specialized. Manufacturers come and go, and so do models. That said, we always try our hardest to find the right parts or find suitable replacements.
Which garage door should I buy?
Many factors go into this choice such on your budget, your taste, and the style of your house. ProTec is able to install and maintain any garage door on the market.
What should I do if my garage door remote won't work?
First, take a look at your batteries and see if they need to be replaced. Occasionally, the remote can be reprogrammed, and that will take care of things. Dust and leaves have been known to get in the way of a sensor too. This would also be a good opportunity to review the manufacturer's instructions.
Why does my garage door stop halfway?
As time goes by, parts weaken. Because many parts are under constant pressure, they can be compromised with repeated use. Each of our technicians has a working knowledge of garage door parts and how likely they are to fail.
Why won't my garage door won't open or close in cold weather?
Garages are exposed to wider temperature ranges than other areas of the house. While surfaces and metals can expand in hot weather, they constrict in the wintertime. The elements can sometimes harden gunk that sits in the tracks. Check the flow of your track to see if they can be wiped clean of leaves or other objects.