What can ProTec do?
You name it, we can fix it or even prevent it. Our certified technicians can repair anything on any brand or type of garage door. We can troubleshoot extension springs, torsion springs, garage door openers, tracks, cables, pulleys, rollers and more. We can also install new garage doors, door openers, remote controls and keypads.
With our annual garage door tune-ups, you'll be prepared for anything. We can perform diagnostics in as little as 10 minutes that save you time and money in the long run. These tune-ups allow us to keep your door balanced and help extend the life of the door and its parts. Our technicians can also diagnose small problems and suggest fixes before the minor issues turn into large ones.
We make your garage door work like new or better.
Once we leave, your garage door will work as well as it ever has. In fact, it might even work better. This is because we use high-quality parts to fix your door and make sure it stays fixed. These are some of the highlights to remember about the parts and service that we offer our neighbors.
- We use parts that are made in the United States.
- We use high-cycle garage door springs that are rated at 25,000 to 30,000 cycles and could last as long as 20 years.
- Our sealed, nylon rollers dramatically reduce the noise of garage doors opening and closing and are rated for 100,000 cycles, so you should never have to replace them again.
- Our parts and service are backed by the best warranties in the industry.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does a garage door cost?
Not as much as you might think. We take pride in our reasonable pricing. We could give you a ballpark price, but it's just as easy to give you an accurate quote. Call 866-813-7899 for a quote today!
Should I fix my garage door myself?
It's good to take a look around and review the area around the door to see if something is in the way of a photo eye, etc. However, if you were thinking of disassembling your system, we advise against doing this for these reasons.
- Garage doors weigh hundreds of pounds. If a door is not working properly, it can pose a safety hazard for anyone or anything nearby.
- While garage door springs can lift your door with ease, they are hard to replace without the knowhow and customized tools for the job. Each of our repairs is trusted to a highly trained technician.
- The doors can be the only moving apparatus mounted on a house. If a door is poorly serviced, it can cause other structural problems for the rest of the house.
Is it easy to find parts for my garage door?
Garage door parts often last decades, which can be an eternity in the business world. Manufacturers open and close, and models are discontinued. However, we will do our best to find the part you need, or find a replacement that's even better.
Can I buy my own parts online?
Figuring out what parts you need for your door can be tricky for a novice, let alone figuring out where to get them. Online retailers are also not always accurate with their part descriptions. We recommend you have us handle this for you. Our experts at Protec will know exactly what you need, where to find it, and how to install it. There's a good chance we can get it cheaper than you can too!
What parts go into a garage door?
Here are some of the more common parts that make a garage door opener.
Who sells garage door parts?
We do! We recommend buying your parts through us. Our technicians will know exactly what you need for your specific model and will know what a reasonable price for them. That way, you won't have to go back to the store to return a mismatched part.
What should I do if my garage door remote won't work?
The first thing we suggest is replacing the batteries. Sometimes, the remote simply needs to be reprogrammed. Often, dust or cob webs can get in the way of a sensor too. If you have the manufacturer's instructions handy, feel free to review them.
Why does my garage door stop halfway?
Over time, springs, motors, and cables can lose their strength. Because some of the parts are bearing tension all the time, they can weaken with repeated use. Our technicians have been trained to clearly identify the source of the problem, and how to fix it.